Today I am coming at you with an easy back to school makeup look, that is ALL drugstore! By drugstore I do not mean brands that are inexpensive that you can only get online. I mean products that I could literally pick up right this second from my local drugstore if I needed it. Some of the products I used for this look are products I have been using since I was old enough to wear makeup. I have seen a few people do this recently so I decided to throw it in with a back to school look.
- I started off by priming my face. I used the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer. I started using this primer when Hard Candy came to Wal-Marts near me, when I was in High School. It is a primer I still reach for. It is really inexpensive and does make makeup last longer. It is a light formula, so I have never noticed that it clogs my pores.
- I then skipped to my eye brows, sense I usually have to clean them up with a concealer. I decided to use the Physicians Formula Brow duo. It comes with a pencil, brow bone high light, and a gel that is supposed to help nourish your brows.I have the lightest shade. I am not really into this type of pencil format. But, it is my favorite pencil in this format, if you get what I mean. I used the lightest brow shade in the ELF Mad for Matte palette to fill my brows in. I used my NYX beyond coverage pot concealer to clean them up. And to conceal my face. Physician’s Formula is a more expensive drugstore brand, and no I didn’t use it when I was younger.
- I used the NYX Stay Matte But not Flat foundation in the shade Ivory.
- I set my face with the ELF pressed translucent powder.
- To contour and bronze I used the bronzer shade in the ELF “Fiji-Matte “duo. I use to use the non matte version and I used to be in love with it! I think it is “St. Lucia”, which I decided not to use today. I also used the blush in the duo. I love this little duo, it is so blendable and pigmented. This duo is $3!
- To highlight I used the top 2 shades in the ELF Illuminate Palette. I love this little palette, I keep it out on my vanity sense I reach for it on the daily…it ‘s only $6!!
- For my eyes I primed with the Jordana 12 hr wear pencil in “Continuous Almond”. Jordan is another great brand, that has some essentials that I reach for daily still, even over their higher end counter parts.
- I set my eyes with the lightest shade in the ElF Mad for Matte palette. This is a $10 palette that I think everyone needs to have! I used the 3rd shade in this palette in my crease.
- For the rest of my eye look I used the classic Wet n’ Wild Walking on Egg Shells trio. This little guy is fricking amazing. It is crazy pigmented and only like $3!! I used the lid shade on my lid, crease shade on my outer “V” and to deepen the crease. I used the brow bone shade on my brow bone and inner corner. Another eye shadow palette I think everyone needs.
- I used the ELF Gel Liner in Black to do a wing and such. You can obviously skip this step, but I chose not to. This is not my favorite gel liner, not going to lie…I do not recommend it.
- For my mascara i used the Essence Lash Princess. This is one of my favorite mascaras!! It is fantastic!! Go get it it is under $5!
- For my lips I lined with Milani “Spice” and also used their lip stick in “Teddy Bare”. You could obviously opt for a gloss or something that needs less maintenance for school, something I wish I would have done back in the day.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoyed this look! What are your favorite drugstore products for back to school?