Ipsy recently had an offer on the Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette, for only $22! It is usually $42 on the Balms website. They do tend to have a lot of sales and discount codes, so it is easy to find it at least a little it discounted.
I have decided to do this Win or Waste a bit differently. I am going to list all of my thoughts on this palette through bullet points. It is an easier way for me to organize my thoughts, sense they don’t always fit into a specific category like I try to make them to.
- The packaging is adorable. It has a retro looking picture of a man on the front, a small one on the back, and it light and navy blue. I like blue. On the back of the palette is also a little section that looks like a dating profile. Has height, job, etc. It is the kind of thing that I am going to keep displayed.
- The palette has 9 large pans of matte shadows. The net weight is 0.756 OZ. The shades are all really pretty, I especially love the matte plum and burgundy, I don’t have any others like it!
- Are the names of the shades not hilarious!? They all have people names!! I really enjoy that, makes me giggle.
- The shades are all matte, no shimmer or satin at all.
- Here are all of the shades swatched in order. They are all very pigmented, but the darker shades do have quite bit of fall out. The feel buttery to the had and go on the lid nicely. They blend out pretty easily, but if you blend too much the lighter shades just disappear.
- SO, is it a Win, or is it a Waste? For the $22 I payed, yes it is a win! Buttttt, I wouldn’t buy it full price. The burgundy and plum are different than anything else I own, but the other shades are not.
- If you want a good matte palette I highly suggest the Kat Von D shade and light eye large palette and the quads. In fact, if I end up getting the quads in “Rust” and “Plum”, I will probably pass this palette on to someone else. Kind of disappointed, considering one of my favorite Youtuber’s EmilyNoel83 raves about The Balm products quite often. Oh well, when some lose some!!
What are your favorite matte shadows? Have and requests? any Any post ideas? Please, let me know!
4 thoughts on “The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony. *Win or Waste?*”
These colours look gorgeous! Though, I have heard so many people rave about the Kat Von D palettes and not so many on The Balm palettes, but it is VERY cute! Thanks for your honest review! 💜
You are welcome! ❤
thank you for the like, means a lot! I hope to see you stop by again soon 🙂 xX -brenda
I will, for sure!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person