I have decided to start a new little segment on my blog. It is one that plenty of people already do, but I find it very helpful and figured I would do so as well. Brand focuses. I will be doing a look with one brand, and give my thoughts about different products through out the post. I find it very informative and helpful when I have come across these types of posts.It really allows you to see how a brands products play together.
I decided to start this series off with ELF for multiple reasons. They are very affordable, are coming out with a TON of awesome new products, but most of all because they are one of my most favorite brands. I love ELF so much because they are a cruelty free brand and they also have a ton of vegan products.
I currently do not have an ELF primer, I have tried a few in the past they are alright, so I just used my ELF Daily Hydration Moisturizer, which I reviewed here.
I also used the E.L.F Lip Exfoliator to exfoliate and moisturize my lips before I began with my makeup.
I am going to start with my face. Please make note, I am only using products that you can CURRENTLY purchase from the ELF website, so nothing limited edition.
- I do not currently have an ELF concealer, didn’t care too much for the ones I have had in the past either. So, for my concealer and foundation I used the ELF Acne Fighting Foundation in the lightest shade. This foundation is medium to full coverage. It cost only $6, yet it is still extremely comfortable on the skin! When I am having breakouts I tend to reach for this foundation. It ended up being a great CF replacement for the Neutrogena acne fighting foundation.
- For my setting powder I went in with one I haven’t had too long, but I am quickly falling for. ELF Perfect Finish HD Powder. This powder is pressed and translucent. It comes in a sturdy matte black compact, with a nice sized mirror, and a powder sponge. I like to use a powder brush to dust it all over my face, but I do make use of the powder sponge when I toss it in my bag for touch ups.
- To contour today I went in with one of my all time favorite ELF products. The ELF Contour Palette! This nifty little guy is only $6, and it blows my mind. I use it more than my high-end contour palette! I contoured with the contour shade and set my under eye are with the banana powder. I do also love the bronzer and highlight in this palette, but wanted to show case more products.
- For my blush and bronzer I decided to dip into this fella. The ELF Beautifully Bare Total Face Palette. Coming in at only $8, this palette is beautiful. I really like the bronzer to warm up my face. I tend to use both blushes together. I like to use the peachier shade more on the side of my cheek, and the pink on the apples. I also used the high-light for this look.
- Next, we are going to hop on up to my brows. I used the ELF Instant Brow Lift “Taupe”. For only $2, this is a pretty good little pencil. You get a nice amount of product, the consistency isn’t too creamy or too waxy, and it doesn’t give off too much pigmentation so you don’t have to be nervous when using it.
- For my eye primer I just used foundation. I couldn’t find my ELF eye primer, but you really can’t go wrong with either version they sell.
- For my eye look I decided to use the ELF Artistry Eyeshadow Palette. It is $20, and I rarely hear it talked about! Personally, upon first glance, it reminds meof an Urban Decay Vice palette.
- I am going to refer to the shades by number, sense they have no names. I am going across from left to right. I used shade 4 to set my”concealer” on my eyes. it also acted as my blending shade.
- I then used shade 11 to begin my crease.
- After that I used shade 16 to deepen my crease and the outer 3rd of my eye.
- Shade 8 was used to further deepen my outer v.
- For my lid I used shade 2.
- Shade 5 acted as my inner corner and brow bone highlight.
- Lastly I smudged shade16 and 8 on my lower lash line.
- I used the ELF Precision Liquid Eyeliner; $3, to do a little wing. I do not have an ELF mascara, but have not had good luck with them in the past. I used one from Pacifica.
- I used the Matte Lip Color in “Praline”, $3.
I really hope that you enjoyed this post! Let me know what other brands you would like to see in this segment! I would also like to know what content you would like to see me create. Let’s talk in the comments!