This review has been long pending. I put off getting this palette for ages! When it first came out, I really wanted it. But after sleeping on it some I thought I would never use it. I never really do a smokey eye.
I recently, as in about a month or so ago, caved. I needed $30 more dollars to hit platinum at Ulta for 2017, so I decided to go ahead and grab this palette. I really like being platinum at Ulta, so I had to keep my standing!
I like this packaging. It has a smokey pattern on the front and is made of substantial plastic with a magnetic closure. The mirror is large and great for using while on the go. My only realy gripe with the packaging is how thick it is. But, it isn’t an eye sore at all so I don’t mind it having to be displayed.
With this palette, as with all the other naked palettes, comes a brush. I love the brushes that come with these palettes and actually used the brush from the smokey palette for the look I will be showing you.
Info from the site:
This palette is $54, standard for the Urban Decay palettes.
“The case and brush feature a cool floating smoke effect, with “Naked Smoky” in gunmetal foil. To add to the mysterious vibe, we set the shadow pans in a smoky transparent base. The magnetic closure on the case prevents shadow mishaps in your bag, and the full-size mirror makes it easy to get Naked whenever the urge strikes.
Fill Weight: Eyeshadows: 12 x 1.3 g POIDS NET/NET WT. 12 x 0.05 oz”
You can pick it up, HERE!
I am going to include the shade descriptions from UD’s website. I am literally the worst person when it comes to describing shades.
“ High (champagne shimmer w/micro-glitter), Dirtysweet (medium bronze), Radar (metallic taupe w/iridescent micro-glitter), Armor (metallic silver-taupe w/tonal sparkle), Slanted (light metallic gray), Dagger (medium charcoal w/micro-shimmer), Black Market (jet-black satin), Smolder (deep plum-taupe), Password (cool taupe matte), Whiskey (rich brown matte), Combust (soft pink-taupe) and Thirteen (light beige satin).”
The Eye Look:
Perusual, I want to apologize for the picture quality, life is hard and so is finding a cheap and good camera.
- I primed my eyes for this look with the UD primer potion (original). It seemed fitting.
- I set that with the shade “combust” using a fluffy brush.
- I then used the brush included with the palette and buffed “password” into the crease.
- I then used a flat shader brush and placed “slanted” over most of my lid omitting the outer and very inner parts of my eye.
- I then placed the shade “black market” on the outer part of my eye and buffed it up into my crease.
- For the inner corner of my eye I went in with “armor” to add a bit of shine.
- To smoke out the shadows a bit I took the shade “whiskey” and used the brush included in the palette again and buffed my crease out some more.
- For my brow bone and very inner corner I used “thirteen” to lighten it all up.
- Under my eye I used the pencil side of the brush included in the palette, and applied “black market” under my lower lash line.
- I then used “combust” to soften that up and smoke it out.
I used the Kat Von D liner in “trooper”, The Tartest mascara in “black”, and the ELF crayon liner in “nude”.
I am literally in love with this palette. Ever since I have gotten it I have been reaching for it constantly. I have actually really started to love smokey eye looks! It also has a few great shades that you can use to do super simple natural looks as well. Over all it is an all in one, besides bright colors, palette that I think you can really benefit from rather you do smokey eyes a lot or not. I also think it is a fantastic fall palette for some one who isn’t in the how overly warm fall eye looks tend to be. Throwing “whiskey” in there is what I think really makes it beneficial for fall. “combust” and “thirteen” are also great shades to have on hand. I believe you always need a great nude and a great white shade!
I hope you loved this post! What do you think of the Naked Smokey palette? What Smokey palettes, quads, duos, etc.. do you love? Comment below! Want more B&T? Read this! You can also find me on Instagram and Snap Chat as manda_janette