I bring you another post in my “use random quads and such series”, of another Milani palette!
This came out the same time as the Earthy Elements palette I did a review on. It has 6 shadows in it, and comes in really cute packaging. It also comes with a brush that is use able, so that is always nice.
As you can see, these shades are really pigmented! There is a nice transition shade, a deep brown that works great in the crease and as a liner, a black that works the same way. A base shade that is a bit creamy, just like the other palette that I am not too fond of. A specialty shade, that is meant ti be a highlight shade, and a shade that is very shimmery and a bronze taupe. I am going to discuss shade by shade my thoughts.
- The creamy “base ” shade is really pretty, but I hate the texture I tried using it as a base as suggested, and my shadows creased so bad.
- The matte light brown is my favorite shade in the palette. It is a really great transition shade.
- The shimmery bronze taupe shade looks beautiful, but I sadly can’t stand it. It applies patchy and the fallout from it is excessive.
- The matte brown is very nice and pretty pigmented. It applies evenly and lasts a long time.
- The specialty shade is chunky, it looks pretty in the inner corner for a while, but clumps up really fast.
- The matte black is amazing! It applies great as a liner, it is super dark and super matte. A good alternative to Urban Decay “Black Out” which is my favorite matte black shadow.
Above is the look I created with the shadows. I love how it turned out, but I am going to say this is not the best natural palette. The only shades that I like from the palette are the mattes, and Wet n’ Wild has a ton of amazing matte shades that I highly recommend picking up as high end alternatives, rather than spending the $9.99 on this palette and only getting the use of a few shades.
However, I really dislike the textures of the shades with shimmer. I feel like this is a very personal opinion, so if you don’t get put off by strange textures and fall out, you can get the palette HERE.
Other Products Used:
- ELF brow pencil in Taupe
- Glossier Boy Brow in Blonde
- L’oreal True Match Foundation
- Tarte CC Under Eye Corrector
- Too Faced Born This Way Concealer
- Colour Pop Liquid Lipstick in “Lumiere 2”
- Tartest Mascara
- ELF Nude gel liner
I hope you enjoyed this post! What do you think of the palette? Comment below! Want more B&T? Check this out! You can also find me on Instagram and Snap Chat as manda_janette