First and foremost, I want to apologize for my absence. There was a medical emergency in my tiny family and we have spent the past few days at the hospital. I am home now and playing nurse (Thank goodness I decided to continue my nursing degree right?) and had some down time to catch back up on posts!
In my Boxy Charm this month there was a really pretty eyeshadow trio from IBY Beauty called Three’s Company. I love the show, so the name automatically caught my fancy. When I swatched the shadows it is safe to say I was smitten, so I HAD to try it out.
This trio is $19. You can pick it up, here! This little trio does come in 3 other options, which I am interested in trying.
The packaging is sleek and black, which I seriously have said I love way too many times. There is a mirror, which is always nice, and a sponge tip applicator. I save these applicators, I actually like to use them to apply shadows as smokey liner.
There is a shimmery white, a metallic beautiful gold that leans a little copper, and a matte light brown.
Before I talk you through my steps, I want to point out that I did not pull in any other shadows, when I do the looks with specific trios and such I try to only use those shadows.
- I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in “Eden” I am really loving this version of the primer, it does a good job of neutralizing my lids.
- I did use my face powder to set the primer.
- I took the light matte brown and applied it in to my crease as a transition.
- I wanted my lids to be very gold, so I put that beautiful shade all over my lids. I did find it best to put NYX Jumbo shadow stick in “Milk” under it to give it something to really stick to. You also have to pat this on the lid. It is a little extra to get it to apply evenly, but I do not mind the extra, it is just something you might want to consider.
- I then blended with the light brown and applied it just a bit in my outer v to make it deeper.
- I used the shimmery white to highlight my brow bone and inner corner.
- Last, I took the brown on my lower lash line.
- I lined my eyes with the Jordana Fabu Liner and used the Pacifica Dream Big mascara.
I really enjoy this trio. I think the matte shade is the perfect transition, I have actually been reaching for it when doing other looks. The shimmery white is a really pretty highlight, and the gold is stunning. It is a little hard to work with, but with the right technique it wears beautifully and makes the work so worth it.This is a cruelty free trio, it reminds me of my favorite one from Cover Girl, Golden Sunset, but in a cruelty free version and with a matte thrown in! I am really considering ordering the other trios.
I really hope you enjoyed this post! Sorry again for being MIA:( Have you tried this trio or brand? Thoughts? Comment Below! Want more B&T? Check this old post out! You can also find me on Instagram and Snap chat as manda_janette