With the Sephora VIB Rouge and VIB sales going on, I thought this would be a good time to visit an older palette that I have seen on a few peoples wish lists. The Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.
This palette of 12 shadows regularly retails for $54. This palette features taupe hued neutral shades. A few matte, but mostly shades with some form of shimmery or satin finish to them.
It also has a pretty nice mirror, and a double ended brush that is very useful. The packaging is very substantial, and does a great job at keeping the shadows safe during travel.
Shades in order from left to right. My thoughts on each shade included.
- Foxy (Matte) This is a cream shade with a bit more of a yellow under tone than usual. I really like to use it to set my primer, neutralizes my lids nicely. A shade I must have in my collection.
- Half Baked (Shimmer) This shade is in the original Naked palette as well. I get that it is a cult classic shade, but I don’t like the over lap.
- Booty Call (Satin) This is a really pretty shade, nice to high light the inner corner with. It isn’t exactly a shade that is hard to dupe though.
- Chopper (Shimmer) Pretty deep bronze. This is a lot like the Cover Girl shadow Golden Sunset, but better quality.
- Tease (Matte) A fantastic transition shade to use in the crease if you do not like warm tones, but don’t want a straight up gray either. (Kind of the point of this palette).
- Snake Bite (Shimmer) This is a deep taupe shade that I love using on the outer third of my lid.
- Suspect (Shimmer) Light taupe. I like using this shade when I do a halo eye. It is light, but not too light.I actually do not have any other shades that even look close to similar on the eyes.
- Pistol (Shimmer) An other shade that I do not have anything similar to! This taupe shade has quite a bit of green under tone to it, and I really enjoy it. It is a nice way to use a hit of green, if you don’t want to make it obvious.
- Verve (Shimmer) If you want a really shimmery inner corner, than this shade will work wonders for you.It has a gray under tone, so it will still come up cool tone. I like to use this shade as a face high light as well.
- YDK (Shimmer) If you were to mix Chopper and Snake Bite together, this is the shade you would get. I think it looks like a golden taupe shade. I don’t reach for it, like ever and I am not sure why!
- Busted (Shimmer) A deep brown with gold glitter. Personally, it appears as if it has a purple shift to it.
- Black Out (Matte) This is my FAVORITE black shadow. I have it in this palette, another palette, and still felt the need to buy the single. I use it all the time to set my liner, or as liner itself.
- I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, then set it with the shade Foxy.
- I took the shade Tease and buffed it into my crease, this is going to act as my transition shade.
- I took Pistol and put it on the inner and outer thirds of my eyes. Yep, we are doing a halo eye!
- To connect the two shades I just buffed in a little more Tease.
- For the center of my lid I used the shade Suspect.
- I used Busted to deepen everything up a little bit. I made a point not to use Black Out to do this, sense I do so often.
- I just mirrored this on my lower lash line.
Please ignore my terrible liner, I was trying out the Essence gel liner, but that is another post all together.
If you like mattes more than shimmers, skip this palette. If you like warm tones, skip this palette. If you like taupe toned shades and don’t mind shimmer, than this is a great palette for you! If you have a small collection, or just want an all in one eye palette, I think this will do you wonders. All the shades are amazing quality. There is a matte cream, black, and crease shade; really all it is missing is a deep matte brown, and you can get one of those super cheap from the drug store. Could you get similar looks with a drug store palette or singles? Oh, yeah; for sure. But, it will not last you as long; which in my eyes is pretty important.
I really hope you enjoyed this post and that it was helpful! What do you think of this palette? Have any dupes? Which Naked palette is your favorite? Comment below! Want more B&T? Give this a read! You can also find me on Instagram and Snapchat as manda_janette
4 thoughts on “Urban Decay Naked 2 | Is is worth your money?”
I’ve been tossing up between this and the Naked Basics. The packaging on Naked Basics has mesmerised but I love your breakdown of the colours and now I don’t know. 😱
Haha thank you! Sorry I made your decision more difficult!
Hey, this is an awesome review! I definitely agree with you. I have this palette, and although the quality of the shadows are amazing, I should have thought twice before purchasing. I am not a cool-tone lover and that’s definitely what this palette is.
Thanks for this review!
Thank you, and it was my pleasure.(: