Inexpensive palettes are so tempting. Especially when beauty vloggers like Emily Noel83 say that they are good alternatives to the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette.
Quite a bit ago I made a wish list post. This palette was on there. Maybe a day later I ended up ordering it. I figured it was about time to give it a proper review!
This palette contains 16 shades and retails for $10. It is supposedly only at ulta.com!
- Bias: Cream shade with more of a yellow undertone and shimmer.
- Neutal: Matte mid toned brown.
- Personal:Very light peach with shimmer
- Vogue: Peach with shimmer
- Trend: Very warmed toned matte brown
- New-Tral: Darker rosy peach with shimmer
- Tone:Cranberry shade with a peach shift. Almost metallic
- Custom: Dark matte brown
- Cool: Matte White
- Style: Light pink, shimmer.
- Partial: Darker pink, almost mauve, with shimmer
- Mode: Shimmery bronze
- Adapt: Mid toned matte brown, slightly deeper than “neutral”.
- Buff: Shimmery brown
- Suit: Almost the same shade as “buff” but matte.
- Strong: Looks black in the picture, but it is actually violet with a ton of shimmer.
- I primed my eyes with the Wet n’ Wild Photo Focus eye-shadow primer
- I then set it with the Wet n’ Wild single in “Brulee”
- As a transition shade I tried to use the shade “Neutral”, but there really isn’t any pigmentation.
- For my lid I used the shade “Personal”. This is probably one of the hardest shades I have ever tried to use. It was so patchy! I tried using a flat brush, a fluffy brush, and my finger. Nope. It sucks. So patchy and ended up becoming clumpy.
- To deepen the outer corner and my crease I used the shade “Trend”. I actually really enjoy this shade! It blends great. I also used it on my lower lash line, super pretty! I would have payed $10 for this shade alone.
- To highlight my inner corner and my brow bone I used the shade “Cool”. I really like this shade as well.
For $10, this palette isn’t bad! I did not like the peachy shades in this palette, or the lighter shimmery shades. Which was kind of the entire reason I bought it. I am really tempted to depot the entire right half of the palette and the shade “Cool” into a Z palette and just toss the rest. If you are thinking like I was, hoping to get this as a very inexpensive alternative to the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette, than I think you will be disappointed. But, $10 for how pretty more than half the palette is, is pretty nice. Granted, you can find other dupes, but probably not for as inexpensive as this. Especially during the cyber Monday sale at Ulta right now!
I really hope that you enjoyed this post! What do you think of this palette? What are your must have Makeup Revolution products? Comment below! You can also find me on Instagram and Snapchat as manda_janette
2 thoughts on “New-Trails VS Neutrals | Make-Up Revolution”
I have so many revolution Palettes and they are such good value for money
I have a few that I love! I have only gotten the ones at Ulta though, I really want to order other ones from their site.
LikeLiked by 1 person