The count down week for Christmas had begun. If you are anything like me, than you are trying to figure out how to do your makeup and stuff for the various events that holidays bring. I am here to bring you a little inspiration!
As the title has told you, the look I am going to be talking about today, is a simple eye with two bold lip options. The lip options are drastically different. But, both from Boxy Charm. I thought that was kind of fun. Events like this are a great way to make use of the bold shades that you wouldn’t other wise wear. I wear them whenever, but I know a lot of people do not.
- I used the Skyn Ice Land Glacier Ice Eye Cream. I dispense it on to my finger then I pat it in.
- For primer and mositurizer I actually used a serum that I have fallen in love with. The Granola Goat Amazing Face Serum. I got this serum in a Vegan Cuts box, and I am 100% buying the full size when I run out. I has really improved my skin, all my dry patches are pretty much gone. It also helps to soothe the itching on my face that dry skin can bring.
The Face Base:
- For my foundation I used one from L’oreal that I am trying to finish. It is not a brand that I support, so I am not going to really go into it. A good cruelty free alternative though is the NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat.
- To conceal my under eyes and blemishes I used the NYX Dark Circle Concealer. It doesn’t do a fantastic job, but it does last quite a while. You just have to build it up.
- I set my under eyes with the W3ll People Realist powder. This was in last months Petit Vour, and it is my new must have powder.
Face Emphasis products:
- UNDER my foundation I decided to do a little contouring. I used the Tarte Sculptor in Park Avenue Princess and the Colour Pop Highlight Stick in Releve. I really like the Tarte sculptor, not so much the Colour Pop sculpting sticks…But, that is another post.
- For my actual bronzer I used Medusa’s Makeup Sun Kissed Bronzer. I think this is my favorite bronzer. I got it in a Vegan Cuts, and have just used the crap out of it. It gives my fair skin a real nice warm glow, without making me look like I have a bad tan.
- I used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid in “opal” in all of the high light spots. Like my cheek bones and the tip on my nose. After that I layered over Opal in the Pressed form, just to really make sure my highlight can be seen across the room.
- For my blush I used the City Color Be Matte Blush in “Papaya”. I have been using this blush every time I do my makeup lately. It is so pretty, yet still subtle. But, can be built up to have more impact.
- I started off by priming my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. For my eye look, I used the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, so I thought this was a fitting primer. I set it with the Wet N’ Wild single in “Brulee”.
- I started off the actual eye look with ” Milk Chocolate” in my crease.
- I then placed “Marazipan” all over my lid.
- Then I did a wing with the Ciate Fierce Flicks felt tip liner. I got this in an Ipsy, and I am slowly starting to adore it. It is a very fine tip, so it makes doing a winged liner very goof proof.
- To deepen up the crease a little, at least the outer edge, I used the shade “Semi Sweet”.
- After that I used a random liner to line my tight line and a random nude liner to line my lower water line.
- I used the Tarte Tarteist mascara. I really like this mascara. I hate false lashes, and this mascara gives my lashes a ton of drama.
See, a very very simple eye look!!
Lip Option #1:
Dirty Little Secret Liquid Lipstick in “Phantom”. I think this is the perfect red for the holidays. Another great option would be Bite Beauty Pomegranate lipstick.
Lip Option #2:
Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in “Napa Valley”. I am obsessed. I need all the purple and all the metallic liquid lipsticks I can possibly get. Makes me really want to rock the outlandishly strange colored lips. SO I WILL! #sorrynotsorry
I hope you enjoyed this holiday look. Thank you so much for reading! What is your favorite red lip? What metallic or purple liquid lips do you love? Let’s talk in the comments!
Instagram and Snap: manda_janette