How is everyone? Good? I hope so.
Not too long ago I did hauled quite a few makeup items, and I am finally getting around to playing with them! Holidays really get in the way of my makeup play time.
The Huda Beauty Obsession palettes are at Sephora and they retail for $27. They are adorable. Look at the little guy!
The warm palette specifically contains 8 matters shades and 1 shimmer. If you really enjoy mattes I would definitely check this specific palette out.
Personally, I love warm shades. Even if they weren’t super trendy right now I would still love them.
All of the shades are buttery and nicely pigmented. There is quite a bit of powder kick back, but it is easy to knock off the excess product.
I was a bit thrown off by the plum in the palette, it does however, have a red under tone so I can see how it fits. Over all, I think the palette is nicely thought out. I also wanted to make sure to mention that even though the palette is small, you are still getting 9 nicely sized pans of eyeshadow.
- I primed my eyes with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance then set it with the lightest shade in the palette. I also used this shade to highlight my brow bone and blend out harsh edges.
- For my transition shade, I used the matte light brown. It is the second shade in the last row.
- To deepen my outer part of my lid I used the burnt orange almost red shade. It is the last shade in the palette.
- All over my lid I applied the almost pink shade. It is the first shade in the third row.
- To really deepen my crease I used the red shade.
- To blend everything together I used the orangy-brown. The second shade in the palette.
- On my lower lash line I went in with that red shade and buffed it out with the orangey brown.
- I applied the Kay Von D Ink liner in “Trooper” to do my wing.
- I tight lined with the Ulta automatic liner in “brown”. I also used this to line water line.
- For Mascara I used the Beauty Without Cruelty Volumizing Mascara in “Black”
Over all thoughts:
Y’all. The full sized Huda Beauty palettes are $65. I wasn’t too into the one I swatched.But, holy hell, this little $27 palette blew my mind! Yes, $27 is expensive-still. I understand I am a college student, start Beauty school soon, and work as a data entry personal for a travel company. I don’t have a ton of money. But, I am getting my money’s worth out of this palette.
You can do dramatic looks, simple looks, day or night looks. Just with these nine shades!!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 out of 5 fires. Get it? Because it’s warm.
Have y’all tried these palettes? Which is your favorite? Comment below!
Thank you so much for reading💕.
Find me on Snap and IG @manda_janette
Find me on the MiaMia Beauty app @mandajanette