Happy new year!
For our last post of the year, we are going to finally discuss some stuff from the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection.
We have; the glow palette, the Papa Don’t Peach Blush, and of course the Sweet Peach eyeshadow palette!
Firstly; yes, everything smells like artificial peaches. The packaging on all the products is adorable, metal, and very sturdy. Each item also comes with a nice mirror.
Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow $42
Our first item up for discussion is the highlight, Blush, and bronzer kit.
Unfortunately, I think the Sweet Peach Glow Kit was a dud. There are peaches pressed into the product. This caused the product to become pressed extremely hard. Know what this means? That very little pigmentation comes off. All three of the products take a lot of work and building up. I wish that this wasn’t the case, I think the bronzer would have been nice for my light skin tone and the highlight is very pretty. I am pretty sure the blush in the kit is as same as the Papa Don’t Peach Blush.
🍑one out of 5 peaches. This product just does not work. The only way I would say you should pick this item up is if you are a collector.
Too Faced Papa Don’t Peach Blush $30
Not all the face products are duds! I love this blush.
It gives a beautiful peach glow to the skin. It isn’t too much, but it is enough that you notice it. I really do think it is my new favorite blush!
🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑 out of five peaches!
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette $49
Here it is, the eyeshadow palette that started the craze. The Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette. For $49 you get 18 shadows, in Matte, glitter, and shimmer finishes. All named after peach related things and southern terms of speech. I have to admit, the names are precious.
- White Peach
- Just Peachy
- Bless her Heart
- Charmed, I’m Sure
- Candid Peach
- Peach Pit
- Peaches ‘N Cream
- Summer Yum
- Talk Derby To Me
The matte shades are great, as are most of the shimmers. True to rumors the purple shades suck. The shades with glitter in them are patchy and terrible. Quite frankly, I don’t understand why this palette is so hyped up. For $49, there are 5 of the 18 shades that are just terrible.
🍑🍑🍑 out of five peaches. I don’t think it is worth the money. Especially considering how great the Chocolate Bar Palettes are.
- I primed my eyes with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I set it with the shade “Peaches ‘N Cream”. I also used this shade to blend out the harsh edges.
- I took a fluffy brush and blended “Georgia ” into my crease to act as my transition shade.
- After that I took a more dense less fluffy crease brush and buffed in “Puree”.
- Taking the same brush, but more focused on just the crease rather than part of the lid as well, I buffed in the shade “Summer Yum” to warm the look up.
- I then took “Charmed, I’m Sure” and put it on the outer corner of my lid and a bit into the outer crease.
- For my lid I placed the shade “Peach Pit” all over it. Once I realized there wasn’t any purple to this like I thought, I placed “Delectable” over it. This shade also gave off no purple.
- I then did a wing with the Kat Von D Tattoo liner in “Trooper”.
- And applied the Tarte Tarteist Mascara.
- I popped the shade “Nectar” in my inner corner.
- On my lower lash line I applied “Summer Yum” right on my lash line.
- I buffed it out with “Puree”
- Then I blended that out with “Georgia”.
- I used the highlight and bronzer from the Peach Glow kit.
- I used the Papa Don’t Peach Blush.
I wanted to make sure I used the purple, so I could really see if they were as bad as I heard. I wish the shades would not have been so patchy. And that they would have been true to color.🙄
The highlight and bronzer could be better, much better. But, the Papa Don’t Peach Blush is something I think would make a great edition to any makeup collection!
Thank you for reading🍑🍑🍑🍑
Have you tried the Sweet Peach Collection? What are your thoughts?
Join me on SC and IG @manda_janette