Hello everyone, welcome!
Today, at work we moved into our new office building. Out side my office window there were baby geese, baby deer, and baby rabbits all along with their parents. I love spring! Seeing things like that helps to remind me why I choose to live a cruelty free life!
Speaking of cruelty free, it is no secret that I love the brand ColourPop. If you saw my April BoxyCharm, then you know I got a ColourPop palette I have never tried before. The “You Had Me At Hello” palette!
The palette retails for $18 on ColourPop.com and has 12 shades, sturdy packaging, and has a great mirror.
The shades come in a variety of finishes and are very on par with recent trends. Warm and mauvey!
Let’s go through the shades.
The Knot: metallic cool-toned ivory
Moon Struck: metallic soft gold
Two Peas: matte peachy beige
Candygram: metallic pinky red with gold duochrome
Winning Ticket: matte dusty mauve pink
FBO: metallic pink violet
Look-See: matte cool-toned plum
Fool’s Rush: metallic golden bronze
Pulling Strings: matte warm saddle brown
Want U Back: matte dusty mauve brown
DTR: metallic silvery taupe
Sparks Fly: matte deep plummy brown
*I apologize if there is a strange font change, I copied the color descriptions from ColourPop to make sure they were accurate and it changed my font. Which I can’t fix it😩😩😩“
- I primed my eyes with the Wet N’ Wild Photofocus Eye Primer. How does ColourPop not have their own Primer!?
- I set the Primer with a skin tone shade. Unfortunately this palette does not have a matte ivory shade, but that’s fine I have 1284729 of them! And my favorite is a 99 cent single so. 💁♀️
- I used a large fluffy crease brush and started in the middle of my crease, then going outwards I buffed in the shade “Two Peas”.
- Then using the ColourPop blender brush I did the same thing with the shade “Pulling Strings” just more concentrated.
- Using a Luxie 237 brush I did the same thing again with the shade “Sparks Fly”, just even MORE concentrated.
- All over the lid I packed on the shade “DTR” with the ELF C Shadow brush. No fix plus needed!
- I then used the ColourPop packing brush and in the very center popped on the shade “MoonStruck.”
- I right lined with a brown liner
- Oh yeah, don’t for get to BLEND!!
- I popped the shade “The Knot” in my inner corner.
- I lined my water line with a nude line and packed on the shade “Look-See” as close as I could to my water line.
- I blended that out with “Two Peas”.
- Mascara the lashes!
Over all thoughts
I love this palette!! It is my new go to. The shades are all pigmented and so buttery. The only flaw is the lack of a matte cream shade, but that isn’t a big deal. “You Had Me At Hello” is Cruelty Free, beautiful, inexpensive, and easy to work with. What more could I want!?
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥 out of five baby geese! Get you hands on this palette, you won’t regret it!!
Get it Here!!
What is your favorite ColourPop item?
Thank you for reading 💜
Find me on IG and SC @manda_janette