I wasn’t going to fall prey to the appeal of this collection, then I saw it in store and here we are.
I picked up two items from the Friendcation collection. The eyeshadow palette $55 and the highlighter in Fuego $28.
I thought about picking up their new liquid velvet lip formula. But why change a good thing? I LOVE their original liquid lip formula. I ended up getting one of the shades on their regular line “Supernatural” $18.
I don’t watch Desi or Katy, no real reason why. But, I do love Dose of Colors, they are a fantastic cruelty free brand with beautiful products.
I do have to say, the packaging for this line is very pretty. It’s gold an elegant and seems very sturdy. It also isn’t bulky, which is great. I hate bulky packaging.
I really enjoy that the lids do have magnetic closet.
There are ten shadows 5 mattes and 5 metallic finishes.
- Basic- a matte cream
- Cheens- a dark matte warm brown
- Necessary- a light matte brown, literally the best transition color ever.
- Dirty Money- a metallic green with gold.
- A Moment- a metallic blue with purple.
- Try Me- a stunning metallic copper
- Just a Kiss- a metallic gold
- Girl Bye- a matte almost burgundy. I don’t really know how to describe this.
- Churro- a midtone warm matte brown
- Game over- deep metallic blue with black
- After priming my eyes I went in with Basic all over my eyes.
- I went into Cheens and used it as my transition shade.
- Next I deepened the crease up a bit with Just a Kiss
- On the outer third of my lid and my outer crease I applied Girl Bye.
- All over the rest of my lid I applied Dirty Money.
- Obviously there was a lot of blending done. I used mainly Morphe and ELF brushes.
- I also applied the worst wing I’ve done in ages.
- I used Churro in my inner corner.
- Under my eyes I used the same matte shades I used in my crease in the same order in essentially the same way.
The Highlighter “Fuego”
I decided to pick up Fuego because I had heard Jkissa raving about it. She said it doesn’t apply as dark as it looks like it would. I figured from this that it may work on my light skin tone.
At this point I was not too confident.
I do think it applied nicely. It is very smooth and pigmented.
When applied and blended out I do this it looks rather nice and I have been reaching for it frequently!
Over All – The Palette
I think the palette is beautiful. All the mattes are fantastic and i really like Dirty Money and Game Over as far as Metallics go. I do not like the other three metallics much, I just don’t like that chunky glitter texture where the shadows seem almost flaky.
So, would I purchase this again? No. Am I glad I have it? Yes! I will still be able to get a ton of great looks, but for $55 I want to love every shade, not just most of them.
Over All- The Highlight
I love it.
I have nothing but good things to say. It is buttery, pigmented, and easy to apply and blend out. It works great as an inner corner and brow bone highlight also.
I am very glad that I picked this up!
What is your favorite Dose of Colors product?
Thank you for reading 🎃
Find me on IG and SC @manda_janette