It has been months since I have reviewed a palette!
What a better way to get back in the game than reviewing the cutest cruelty free palette ever?!
The Feral palette retails for $29. It is cruelty free, talc free and vegan!
Please note, I do have the newer version of this palette. I believe the first version had two different shades in the top row.
Of course the packaging is beautiful, but what else?
The palette is magnetic, I believe this is what makes the palette feel so weighted. The palette includes a mirror inside, which is great.
I would not travel with this palette, however. It did arrive to me with the shade “Wolfling” broken. No problem, it’s a pressed glitter, easy fix. But, it would be a mess if that happened during travel.
- Harmonia- A matte robins egg blue
- Wolfling- A rose gold pressed glitter
- Canis Lupus- A very light matte brown. Warm undertones.
- Alpha- A matte dark gray
- Pack Leader- A hot pink pressed glitter
- Allium- A matte purple
- Mariposa-A matte orange
- Night Eyes- A matte yellow
- Wisteria- A matte pinky peach
- Fenris- A matte green
- Ivy- A darker matte green, almost a hunter green.
- Huechera- A green pressed glitter.
I primed with the original Urban Decay Primed potion.
- For my crease I started with Canis Lupus as my transition. I just used a big fluffy crease brush for this step.
- Using a basic crease brush I placed Fenris all over my lid and blended it into my crease.
- On my outer half of my lid I used the same brush as before and placed Ivy on that part of my lid and blended it up into my outer crease.
- Of the inner half of my lid I placed Wolfling with a flat brush.
- I started on my lower lash line with a pencil brush and the shade Ivy, getting it as close to my lash line as possible.
- I then blended this out with Fenris.
- I just took the first fluffy brush that I used and blended everything with the shade Canis Lupus.
- For my inner corner I just popped in a random highlight, I can’t recall which one, but any light shade will work.
Over all thoughts?
I love this palette over all! The color story is beautiful and so fun. I want the packaging as a framed piece of art. Coty was even stunned with how pretty the art on the packaging is!
The formula for the matte shadows is probably one of the best, if not the best that I have ever tried. Each matte shade is pigmented and buttery. They are very easy to blend, and stay just a vibrant all day long.
Now, for the only think I dislike about this palette. The presses glitters.
I am not surprised by this.
I have yet to try any pressed glitter formula that I like. I also don’t use loose glitter. I guess glitter just isn’t my thing.
If I were to use up any of the matte shades in this palette, I would with out a doubt purchase the singles that Menagerie sells for $5 on their site.
If you have yet to try this palette, I highly recommend giving it a shot!
You can purchase it Here.
Have you tried this palette? What products from Menagerie do you love?
Thank you for reading 🕷
Find me on IG @_notan_alien
4 thoughts on “Menagerie Feral Palette | A look and review”
I keep seeing advertisements for this on Instagram! It looks so pretty…happy to see a positive review. I’m kind of meh on pressed glitters but I am definitely keeping this in mind for a later purchase! ❤️ Loved your look
LikeLiked by 1 person
This look is so pretty! I’ve been hearing more and more about this brand. Their palettes are gorgeous!
That egg blue and matte yellow are so pretty 😍
I’ve been eyeing this palette for awhile now, the shades are all so beautiful!