I haven’t written any post recently that contain looks that I have done. This is for many reasons. I am not too happy with my skills and my camera situation is kind of, well…crap, at the moment. But, I decided to go ahead and throw a post up showing a look I did with my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette.
I call it”Fast Glam” because it doesn’t take long to achieve (duh) yet it still some what looks like it did.
After Priming with my Too Faced Hangover RX I applied the Too Faced Born This Way foundation and concealer.
- I use a thin layer of foundation and blend it out with a beauty blender. I do the same with the concealer
To set my face I used the Rimmel Stay Matte on a powder brush. Specifically, my ELF kabuki brush. This is my face setting brush of choice! As for the powder, I am actually not the biggest fan of it, I am just trying to use up my last bit of it.
Blush, Bronzer, yada yada…
I used a few more new items for this part!
- I used the bronzer in my ELF Bare it All face palette to warm up my pale face.
- To contour I used MAC Harmony, which I haven’t done in ages!
- I mixed together the 2 blush shades. It ended up creating an addicting pinky peach hue.
If you haven’t gotten this palette you need it, especially if you are fair complected. Every part of it is great, especially the $6 price tag. ELF is having a huge sale right now, so now would be the time to pop over to their page, by the way!!
- For my highlight I used Colour Pop “Hippo”. I am pretty pleased with this guy. I put it on with my finger over powders and it didn’t seem to create any patchiness. I was almost 100% certain it would. I really like how different it looks, almost lavender in tone.
- After shaping and warming up my face I spray my Glossier Soothing Facial Mist to help it all sink in to my skin.
- I am currently trying out the ELF brow pencil, no real opinion on it yet. I used it to out line my brows.
- I filled them in with a cool toned matte brow from the Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye palette. I really love using shadows for my brows, highlight, blush and so on because it makes me feel like I am getting more bang for my buck. (Post on this coming soon)
- To set my brows I applied my Glossier Boy Brow in “Blond”.
- I started of by priming. I have dark lids, so I prefer a skin tone tinted primer. Sometimes I even use concealer. This time, however, I just used my Urban Decay primer potion. I wore this look to work, so I wanted to use a primer I knew would last.
- I the set my primer with the same setting powder I used on my face. I tend to do this more than I tend to use a shadow. I use the ELF Flawless concealer brush, it is fluffy and helps to cover surface fast.
- I started off my putting “Salted Caramel” in my crease to act as the transition shade.
- I used the shade “Milk Chocolate” to deepen up my crease and define the outer third of my eye. (I couldn’t find an image of this shade to include, and everyone I took was sooo terrible.)
- For my lid shade I used “Marzipan”. Absolutely beautiful lid shade.
- For my brow bone highlight I decided to use the shade “Matt Lin”, from The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette. I have actually reached The Balm palette way more than I initially thought I would. Anyway, the Chocolate Bar palette doesn’t have a light enough matte cream that I can use on my brow bone.
- I also popped “Matt Lin” in my inner corner.
- For my liner I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in “Trooper”, as per usual.
- I used both wand settings of the Pacifica Dream Big mascara to get my desired lash effect. Not using falsies is what I think makes this look faster, you still have the glam going on, but not the hassle.
- I went back in with “Milk Chocolate” and “Salted Caramel” on my lower lash liner.
- Before I did any makeup I exfoliated my lips with the Lush Bubble Gum lip scrub and applied some of the Glossier Rose Balm Dot Com.
- For my actual lip color, I used the Colour Pop lippie stick in “Grunge”. I have to admit, “Grunge” is more of a fall shade, but who ACTUALLY follows make-up rules, right?
I gave my face one more good Glossier spritzing, then I was done!
Do you enjoy these types of posts? What type of posts would you like to see? Have you tried any of these products? Let’s discuss!