*We all know J Star is a controversial character. We are focusing on the makeup for this post, not his antics. *
I caved a purchased a few of Jeffree’s palettes. I had been eyeing them for some time, and finally decided to just do it. But, were they all even worth purchasing? Though out different posts we are going to explore the different palettes, I thought it best to start off with his least expensive option. The Mini-Breaker Palette.
This 9 pan palette retails for $28. There are 5 mattes, one matte with some glitter in it, and 3 metallic shades.
Double Scoop: A light matte orange
Orange Crush: A matte orange with some glitter in it.
Foreplay: A matte mauvey pink
Oral: A metallic purple with a blue shift
Purple Punch: A matte blue based purple
Slice: A metallic orangey gold.
Bubble Gum: A matte Bubble Gum pink
Bite Me: A metallic true purple
Hot Fudge: A more brown based gray, matte.
- With a fluffy blending brush I buffed Bubble Gum into my crease and a little bit over.
- With a smaller crease brush, I blended Foreplay straight into my crease.
- To add depth to my outer V I applied Purple Punch with a shading brush, that is a bit fluffier than normal.
- With my finger I applied Oral over the remainder of my lid.
- On my lower lash line I applied Purple Punch with a pencil brush right on the lash line.
- I then repeated the same step, but with Foreplay.
- To blend that all together I ran Bubble Gum on a small fluffy brush under my lash line.
Over all thoughts?
I think it is cool that Jeffree has a less expensive, less bulky option in his eyeshadow palette collection.
The mattes are very buttery and easy to blend. When applied with your fingers, the metallics really pack a punch.
You can do a variety of looks with just the nine shadows offered. I can even do more posts on this palette showing off some of the other looks that this palette inspires me to do.
I do think this palette is worth the $28, and I am happy to have it. Granted, I could get similar looks with other palettes in my collection. But, the quality of these shadows are so nice that I will be picking this one up over those.
If you have been thinking about picking up this palette, I say take the leap and do it!
What is your favorite Jeffree Star palette? Comment below!
Thank you for reading 💕
Find me on IG @_notan_alien