I am sure you have all heard of the Jaclyn Hill Vault from Morphe by now. And all the drama surrounding it.
I will be honest, I am not sure what exactly the drama is, just that it involves the log and Becca Cosmetics log from their collection with the same influencer.
But, this post isn’t about that, it is about one of the palettes from the vault. The Dark Magic palette.
The Dark Magic Palette cost $15 individually at Ulta.
The Dark Magic palette contains 10 shades. They are rather cool and very blue and green heavy- which really caught my eye.
The palette is matte for the most part, but there are 3 very nice metallic shade.
From wrist up.
- Poof: a light matte shade that pulls rather warm. I would describe it as a creamy light orange.
- Power cut: A metallic silver
- Shhh: a matte lighter brown
- Trickery: a metallic green, I have nothing else like this I don’t believe!
- Diversion: a metallic brown, I almost want to say copper, but not quite.
From the wrist up
- Potion: matte hunter green. I think this is one of my favorite shades in this palette
- Busted: a matte blue. Which is a perfect blue.
- Inside Job: a matte navy blue
- Mojo: a matte dark brown
- Temptress: a matte black with glitter in it, but I don’t find that the glitter really translates
- I primed my eyes with NYX Glitter Primer, which is my favorite eye primer. I set it with a matte skin tone powder.
- To start in on my transition I used the shade Poof. I put it all over- from lash line to brow bone
- I then went in on my crease with the shade Potion. I started in the middle and blended it out from there. I also placed it on my inner and outer corner of my lid.
- To give my crease some dimension I used the shade Shhh. I again started in the middle and blended from there.
- Do great more of a halo to my eye I placed the shade inside job on the inner and outer corner of my lid and blended through my crease to connect the two.
- To create the halo pop I placed Power Cut right in the center of my lid.
- I tight lined with a black and put a nude on my water line.
- I buffed Poof all under my lower lash line as a transition.
- I then placed Potion closer to my lower lash line.
- After that I placed Inside Job right on my lower lash line.
- For my inner corner I Used the foiled again shadow from the balm in the shade Locked up.
- I finished up with mascara.
I have to saw, I am very pleased with the look!
Over all thoughts?
The palette is inexpensive and from a brand, that what I can deduce from other bloggers, is Cruelty Free. Two major a pluses right there.
The shadows are all very pigmented and after a night out the held up strong for the most part.
I think this Palette is worth the purchase! I only purchased two of the palettes, but I think I will be purchasing the other two!
Have you tried The Vault palettes yet? What are your thoughts?
Thank you for reading 💜
Find me on IG and SC @manda_janette