The more I watch main stream brands come out with more releases, the more redundant everything seems. Which has propelled my journey into Cruelty Free Indie Beauty brands.
I have made posts about indie brands in the past, but I am going to be exploring more!
To start we are going to talk about Makeup Slayve. I purchased their new Autumn Equinox palette and their highlighter pan in Snow Queen.
Autumn Equinox $35
The packaging is very cute and compact. Instead of a mirror there is a a quote that reads,
” Take time to watch the leaves turn.”
I quite like that.
The shade names are on the back of the palette.
This palette contains 6 matte and 3 shimmer shades.
The matters are literally the MOST buttery mattes I have ever felt in my life!
The shimmers, unfortunately are pretty basic- nothing to write home about.
Starting from the wrist back
- Fuzzy Flannel- a shimmer teal
- Cherry Blossom- a matte mauvy pink
- Pumpkin Pie- a matte orange
- Spiked Cider- a matte mustard yellow
- Trick 4 Treats- a purple shimmer
- Jean Jacket- a matte navy blue
- Witch please- a matte purple
- Cranberry Sauced- a matte brown mauve
- Ugg Boots- a shimmery taupe
The matte shades are spectacular, I don’t think I have better matter shadows than these.
The shimmers, as I said, are pretty basic.
There is a ton of powder kick up, but that’s because they are not pressed as hard as most shadows.
- After priming my eyes I buffed “Spiked Cider” all over my lid and almost up to my brow bone.
- I did the same thing with “Pumpkin Pie” but not as high up.
- I then placed “Cherry Blossom” on the inner and outer third of my lid.
- I placed “Cranberry Sauced” on top of that
- Tons of blending
- I placed “Fuzzy Flannel” in the center on my lid.
I repeated these steps on the lower lash line.
I popped “Ugg Boots” in my inner Corner.
For my High Light I used Snow Queen
It is a really pretty stark white highlight. It is not pressed hard and it really packs a punch!
It is also only $10!
I am buying more of their shadows, particularly the mattes. I just can’t get over how awesome they are!
I also plan on ordering more of their highlights. I also want to try their blushes.
You can purchase their products Here.
What is your favorite Indie Brand?
Thank you for reading🎃
Find me on IG and SC @manda_janette