The on-line beauty community has given this brand a ton of hype. I was bound to cave and try it at some point. That being said, I bought three palettes. This post is going to focus on the first, the Nubian Palette.
I am usually not one for really bright packaging. But, I really love the whole ascetic of the Juvia’s Place brand, so the colorful packaging doesn’t seem like it’s just “because”. I do wish this palette had a mirror. The material it is made of seems sturdy, and the packaging is slim so it would be easy to travel with.
The shades look like basic warm nudes. But, they are all pigmented and there is a variety of finishes.
The shades all have great pigmentation, and they are all creamy. There is quite a bit of fall out from the more metallic shades. I do wish there were shade names or numbers, this isn’t really that important for day to day use though.
Please ignore my eye brows! I had not gotten them redone until yesterday, so they are a bit out of control in this picture.
- I primed my eyes with the NYX Pigment Primer. I am really loving NYX Eye primers!
- I went in with a large fluffy brush and used the second shade in the first row as my transition.
- I used a bit smaller of a brush and placed the third shade in the forth row a bit more in my crease.
- I took a fluffy shader brush a used the third shade in the second row on my outer corner. I love this shade.
- I then took a packing brush and placed the second shade in the second row all over the rest of my lid. I did wet this wit some Fix Plus.
- Then I took a more compact crease brush and defined my outer crease lightly with the second shade in the third row.
- I did a wing with my Jordana Fabuliner and tightlined with a random black liner from ELF.
- I buffed out my liner on my water line with the third shade in the second row.
- I buffed that out with the second shade in the third row.
- Then that out with the second shade in the first row.
- To blend out any harsh edges I brought in Brûlée from Wet N Wild.
- I popped the first shade in the first row into my inner corner.
I do like this Palette. It isn’t anything super unique, I definitely have these shadows else were in my collection. But, if you are just starting out and want warm shades in a variety of finishes, I think the Nubian Palette would be an awesome inexpensive palette to start with. You can very easily get a variety of looks with the shades included. Just remember to watch for fall out!
You can pick the palette up, right HERE, for yourself. ON SALE FOR $25!
Which Juvias Place Palette is your favorite?
Thank you so much for reading 💜
Find me on IG and SC @manda_janette
For more fun!