I have been so MIA lately. I have had no motivation. The Holidays are draining and I don’t particularly enjoy them.
But. I do have a review for you! Of a palette that arrived in last months Boxy Charm.
I was really excited when I received this palette. It is a brand I have wanted to try and I mean, look at it….
It’s beautiful! So warm and pretty! A nice mix of mattes and metallics. All in shades I want all over my skin.
- Jasmine- metallic light gold (white gold?)
- Clove- the perfect matte peach
- Myrtle- metallic copper
- Cinnamon- warm matte brown
- Patchouli- a matte yellow-cream
- Rose- a metallic pinky red
- Poppy-a matte purple-pink. I know there is a name for this kind of shade, but it has currently escaped me.
- Prime-rose – metallic gold
There are 4 mattes and 4 metallic/shimmer shades. All are very pigmented and buttery.
- I set my primer with Patchouli. I also used this shade to buff rough edges out.
- I then used Clove as my transition. And pretty far under my lower lash line. I just put it everywhere.
- I defined my crease with Cinnamon.
- I used Poppy to define my outer V and places it close to my lower las line.
- I then places Rose all over my lid.
- I placed Primerose on the center for a bit more pop.
- For my inner corner and brow bone highlight I used Jasmine.
Over all thoughts
I really love the formula, but the packaging isn’t the best, one of my pans just fell out.
But that is an easy fix.
If I could buy this in a store I probably wouldn’t mind the price tag. But to be honest, I don’t trust online shopping and knowing one of my pans fell out of a lightly used palette- it makes me worry.
I would love to try more from the brand, but I can get the same look with ColourPop shades- and their small palettes are like $12 and just as nice.
Have you tried Ace Beatuē? What pallets should I get from them if I try another?
Thank you for reading!
Find me on IG and SC @manda_janette
On reddit u/mrsmandareedus