It is that time of year again. The time for family, food, and dramatic makeup looks! For my first holiday(ish) post, I wanted to do a dramatic and affordable look that is very easy to achieve. I wanted to focus most of the emphasis on the eyes, for this go around.
The only product I used that is not affordable that I used for this look is the Too Faced Hang Over RX Primer and the Skyn Iceland Icelandic under eye cream. Somethings you just can’t change, especially when you got zero sleep the night before.
The Brows, Face, and Lips:
- For my brows I only used the ELF brow kit in the lightest shade. I have loved this kit for ages and recommend it a million times over!
- I used a foundation, that I bet you all thought I would never again use. The Shea Moisture Shea Serum Foundation. I decided a few weeks ago to revisit this product, and I have no idea what happened, I guess the cold dried out my skin, but I LOVE this stuff now! Seriously, I went from loathing it to being die hard in love with it.
- For my concealer I used the NYX Concealer in a jar. I am almost all the way done with this concealer, after I use up a few I have I will repurchase this. It is fantastic coverage at an even better price. You can always make it cheaper with the $3.50 off $15 at Ulta!
- I then set my face with the L’oreal True Match powder. I am so close to being done with this, then all my nasty cruel powders will be gone!! Now all I need is a cruelty free dupe!
- To set my under eyes I used the highlight in the Wet n’ Wild Contour duo, the lighter shade. I love using it for this purpose. Yes, the other shade was used for a light contour! Not my favorite drugstore contour, the ELF contour palette is, but I thought that I have shoved that down your throats enough.
- For my blush and to bronze the rest of my face I used the ELF Blush and Bronzer Duo in Fiji-matte. If you do not own this, you need to get it. It is extremely inexpensive, and fantastic quality! I have gone through at least 3 of these duos, which says a lot.
- For my highlight I used the lightest shade in the Wet n’ Wild Comfort Zone palette.
- I wanted to do a warmer nude lip, but not like I usually do. I decided to use the Wet n’ Wild Mega Last Lipstick in “Bare it all”. This is a shade that is mentioned by people in the beauty community a ton, and for good reason. It is a beautiful shade that doesn’t take away from the eyes, but also makes your lips still look stunning.
- For my eye primer I used the Wet n’ Wild Photo Focus eye primer. I have made it obvious so many times that I love this stuff! It is a must purchase.
- Then I took the smoke shade from my ELF double ended eye pencil and smudged it all over my lid and then made it just a bit more even.
- For my transition shade I used the shade Wet n’ Wild duo that I used to contour.
- All over my lid I took the last shade in the Comfort Zone palette. I patted it on with an ELF “c” brush, did not sweep!
- Then I took the lid shade of the neutral side of the palette and buffed it into my crease just a bit to blend and warm up the look.
- To deepen up my outer corner only I used the definer of the more neutral side of the palette.
- I also took the lid shade of the green side of the palette and just popped it into the center of my lid to make my eye look a little rounder.
- I then blended out any edges with the highlight from the contour duo.
- I used the very first shade in the palette to highlight my inner corner.
- I then tight lined and lined my lower lash line with the black end of the ELF double ended pencil. I also drew a thin line on my top lash line, just to help my lashes appear thick.
- To smoke out my lower lash line a bit, I decided to use the contour shade again.
- I used the Pacifica Dream Big mascara as usual!
I really hope you enjoyed this look! What are your favorite holiday looks to do? Comment below! You can also find me on Instagram and Snapchat as manda_janette